It seldom happens that you no longer need a Hotmail account and you want to delete it. There must be a solid reason behind this action you take. Anyways, you are an independent human being and you have a free right to delete your personal Hotmail account without affecting the rights of others.
Once you have been mentally prepared to delete your account; you need to go through a proper procedure of deleting the account. Before your account is deleted by Microsoft, it wants to know two major things;
- The account belongs to you and you are going to delete your account by yourself, not any other person.
- Your account does not have any important data that you need after your account has been deleted.
Microsoft is a highly responsible company while dealing with its users and clients; in order to keep you protected from any inconvenience in case your account is closed accidentally; Microsoft ensures your true identity.
What happens if I delete Hotmail account?
Availing Hotmail account, you correspond with individuals and companies very conveniently. Moreover, you are provided many services by the account for your ease. Once you delete your account, you will no longer be able to sign into it. All the services attached to the account will be ceased from functioning thereafter.
- Skype ID and contacts,
- com, Hotmail, Live, and MSN email accounts.
- Saved One Drive files
- org account,
- Xbox Live data and Gamer Tag
You are therefore advised to review your decision of deleting your account. You should have taken your decision so wisely that you need not grumble over your decision in the future.
I am determined to delete the account what is the procedure?
Well, it is at your disposal to delete your Hotmail account freely; the procedure of deleting the account is not difficult. It is as easy as the process of changing a password. Follow the steps below to delete your account:
- First of all, you go to your account via Outlook.com
- You will click the Account Setting.
- You will reach Microsoft account; you click manage advanced security.
- Now you are asked as if you are the actual owner of this account, you have to confirm it by entering the code sent to you by Microsoft on your alternate email account or phone number you have given previously.
- Having verified, you are taken to the Security Setting page; down at the bottom of the page you see the link of “Close my account”.
- By clicking the above-mentioned tag, you will be taken to a page containing the complete information what closing will do.
- You are once again asked about your password in order to confirm once again that the account belongs to you.
- In the end, you click Next to start the process.
Deleting a Hotmail account is not a hard task; the other formalities are done by Microsoft only to confirm your identity.